Saturday, February 11, 2012

Journal Entry No.42


RECORDING GOES HERE



Excited for today's entry - a recording of myself playing at today's flute recital - I sat down in front of my computer ready to upload the video my mom took with her iPhone. Only she couldn't send the entire file, as it was too large to attach onto an email. What little of the video that did make it through to me consisted of the most exciting and invigorating activity known to musician-kind. Tuning.

Believing that tuning was not generally appreciated as one would be inclined to think, I decided instead to design this small clipping, in place of posting that video. Hopefully, the recording my teacher made, although audio only, will come through sometime this week, and I'll be able to post that.

The recital went great, and my screw-ups were rather minimal. I think the piece selection saved me. In my opinion, the piece I chose to perform (Claude Bolling's Baroque and Blue) was one of the most interesting pieces of the night.

It was a fun piece, but I have to say the most fun part of the evening was getting to wear one of the dresses I bought on boxing day.

- Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment