Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Journal Entry No.11


LA REINE DE SABA



The summative project for my music class is choosing and modifying a piece of music (where necessary) for you to play in front of the class with a background track of your making. Today I finally finished the variations on the piece I selected. I'll get around to posting a recording of it later - for now I'm just going to bask in my first musical almost-composition.

The above photograph is of the working copy -  please excuse any scribbled notes you catch... they're all part of my process. I struggled a lot with putting to paper the ideas and tunes I generated on my own. It's much simpler to hum a melody or improvise in the spur of a moment than it is to sit down and capture it on paper. Admittedly, I hadn't expected it to be so difficult. I'm scheduled to perform it on the 20th - I hope I can do it justice.

- Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment