Friday, January 6, 2012

Journal Entry No.6


GUIDE TO A TEENAGE WORKSPACE



Finally finished! My new desk is to die for and is exactly what I needed to accommodate my workspace necessities. Here's a quick collage I put together of my new and improved work area. First up in this impromptu guide to what I think every teen should have in their workspace is desk with just the right amount of surface area. That, with the proper chair and chair height will make for a much more comfortable homework experience. Next up is lighting. I looked long and hard for my new desk lamp (the old one had been flickering on and off for months - making for an experience similar to working by candlelight). For me, a completely adjustable desk lamp is a must. Light that is too bright, too little or just in your face is extremely irritating - especially considering us teenagers do most of our work during the night. Now, on with the good stuff. None of us 21st century teens could live without our nifty electronics. This year I was lucky enough to get my laptop upgraded to my much beloved beautiful large screen iMac (*swoon*). What we would do without computers I do not know, nor is it my job to imagine a possibility so bleak and terrible. I could not have asked for more in my new computer. Same goes for my much loved, much used iPod nano and music dock. Both are rather old, but they work all the same. Tunes are something I hate working without. Right now I have on my favourite classical tracks - more specifically a Beethoven piano sonata in C minor, popularly known as 'Pathetique'.

And there you have it. The latest instalment in what is quickly becoming one of the best (if not most anticipated) part of my day.

- Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment