Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Journal Entry No.3


GEOMETRIC FLOWER



Something I've quickly become addicted to is online tutorials. The flower you see above you is a modified desktop version of a tutorial I finished from abduzeedo.com. I learn a lot from tutorials. In this one I learned about gradients, drop shadows and colour swatches. I applied some knowledge I had from previous tutorials to make the flower appear to be painted onto some old watercolour paper.

This desktop was made for my sister Leah. Although I was not quite happy with the result, she loved it, and in the end that reaction was what mattered.

Although I planned to build my desk today and post a picture of my upgraded workspace, the weather got the better of me. We had stored the parts of my desk (which is from IKEA < got to love Swedish flat packing) in the garage. As a result they were too cold to put together today, for fear of them cracking under stress. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Until then my room will be in a horrendous state of disarray since I've already emptied and moved my old desk.

- Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment