Monday, January 30, 2012

Journal Entry No.30


TOOLS OF THE TRADE




In a rather unusual display of outright girly-ness, today I painted my nails. The problem with painting your nails is that if you do not do it often, it's incredibly hard to do. If you have shaky hands, it's incredibly hard to do. If only one of your hands in in even the least way possibly capable of doing the job, it's incredible hard to do.

And when it's all over, when you're done slaving over the untold number of polished coats, you realize that the job will last - at best - five days. Five days where you'll be constantly worrying about every bump, brush, scratch and contact you make with any and every available surface.

Obviously, the only people who should paint their nails are those who don't have my problems.

Obviously, I had a lot of time on my hands and had nothing better to do but sit around watching paint dry.

Or maybe I was just feeling particularly girly today.

- Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment